Our previous article analyzed what an athlete should eat during physical exertion if his main goal is weight gain. However, what to do if finances are limited, but is it necessary to follow a diet?
We will share simple recommendations and an uncomplicated menu everyone can afford.
How to eat to add a few pounds
The main principles of proper nutrition during training to gain functional weight are:
1. Carbohydrate-rich foods should be eaten two hours before exercising. After the hall, such food can also be eaten after two hours. Otherwise, instead of energy and muscle, you will get excess fat.
2. Watch for a combination of macro- and micronutrients in the diet. It is important to remember that the BJU balance is the basis for compiling the menu for the day. The ratio should be one-fifth of fat, one-and-a-half-fifths of protein, and three-fifths of carbohydrates.
3. You need to eat fractionally. Two breakfasts, a first and second-course lunch, two dinners and an afternoon snack. Plus, healthy snacks.
4. The norm of water is 3 litres at maximum. Remember to drink – it’s important.
5. Do not refuse milk, eggs, fish and meat, or find an alternative to them. These foods are needed by the body to produce testosterone.
6. The total calorie content of the day should be 120% of the daily requirement.
7. Starving is harmful. In one of our articles, we wrote (link to an article about weight loss) that because of this, the body can burn protein, considering it a source of energy.
Earlier, we talked about optimum nutrition protein and protein shakes, which in various cases, help to balance the diet and prevent muscle damage and weight loss. Gainers can serve as a replacement for them. A little later, we will consider how to cook them at home.
To get a beautifully sculpted body, it is important to understand that it depends not only on the abundance of training and various exercises but also on proper nutrition. If you can not find the right diet, half of the weight gained will be fat deposits.
Usually, a lot of time is spent on choosing a menu. Only some athletes know what products can be a budget alternative to their expensive counterparts.