Protein, or protein, is the main building material for the body. The daily norm for women is 60-90 g, and for men – 80-150 g, depending on weight. The higher the activity, the more protein the body needs. Especially a lot of it is needed during active sports or physical work.
Proteins are not enough in every diet, and if they are not received for a long time, a deficiency will likely develop. Only a doctor can accurately determine the shortage, but there are several signs by which you can suspect a problem and contact a specialist.
Weakness and weight loss
Certain types of proteins, such as actin and myosin, are responsible for the muscles in the body. They control the movement and contraction of muscles and their strength 1. Without protein, the body directs the bulk of the substance to vital organs and tissues – the heart, lungs, and other muscles 2. And the skeletal muscles get what’s left.
As a result, the usual load is more difficult. At first, you can get a little more tired in training, but it becomes difficult to walk a couple of stops or climb stairs over time. At the same time, a person quickly loses weight because the muscles weaken.
Hair, nail, and skin problems
Three types of proteins are responsible for healthy skin, strong nails, and long hair in the body: keratin, collagen, and elastin. And they are also needed by joints and ligaments 3. If the diet lacks these substances, the body tries to supply them to the joints in the first place so that they remain mobile. Skin, hair, and nails do not get protein and become dry, dull, and brittle.
Enough keratin, collagen, and elastin make it worth including turkey, beef, and seafood in the diet, such as salmon – it stimulates the production of these proteins 4. In addition, you need to include foods with vitamin C in your diet because it helps to produce collagen 5. Rose hips, sea buckthorn, sweet peppers, all citrus fruits, and most berries, apples, parsley, oats, and spinach are rich in vitamin C.
Some protein funnel help the body regulate the water-salt balance: albumin and globulins. They keep water in the cells and prevent it from penetrating the intercellular space. In addition, they regulate pressure 6. If insufficient proteins exist, the cell ceases to be stable and retain fluid, so edema appears, which is difficult to eliminate 6.
To maintain a normal albumin level, you need to eat eggs: their proteins contain whey protein, which contains the most albumin 7. There is also much of it in beef, cottage cheese, cheese, peas, lentils, and buckwheat.
Not everyone balances their diet so that they get all kinds of proteins from food every day. Keeping track of portion sizes and a variety of protein sources can be tricky, especially if you have a busy schedule and are constantly pressed for time.
Here are the features of the protein shake from Evalar:
- One sachet contains 17 g of protein from various sources, such as whey and soy, considered the most complete and best absorbed by the body.
- One serving contains 12 vitamins and 11 minerals, including vitamin D 3, B 12, iodine, zinc, selenium, hyaluronic acid, and folic acid – these substances are most often lacking if there is no time to follow the diet.
- Only 80 kcal in one serving is suitable for a snack, but it helps not overeat. For comparison: the calorie content of 100 g of baked chicken with potatoes is 170 kcal. At the same time, the dish contains only 9.4 g of protein and more than 11 g of fat. There are no fats in a protein shake – it’s easier to control their consumption.
- One sachet is one serving. Easy to take to work because you can dilute the powder with 200 ml of plain water. You do not have to measure the right amount of powder in advance and carry it separately in a container.
- Several flavors are in the line – Chocolate Dessert, Vanilla Ice Cream, Banana Mousse, and Berry Mix. You can alternate different cocktails, and they will not get bored, even if you drink them daily.
- Often, protein supplements are sold at gyms, and it seems a lot easier to buy a whole can go on your way to your workout. But not every manufacturer of such food can provide certificates from production.
All Evalar products are manufactured at a GMP-certified factory. This means that the production has passed the strict control of inspection organizations, and the raw materials have been carefully checked in several stages – during the purchase and upon receipt. Ready supplements were also tested in the laboratory and confirmed the safety.