Dieting is not easy. Most of us give up on dieting without achieving our fitness goals.
In a hectic routine, no one has enough time to work out in the gym for 2 hours. But when it comes to dieting, it is not easy to do it. Most of us give up on dieting without achieving our fitness goals. Or if the weight is reduced after dieting, then by eating the same food again, the weight increases again. Keeping this problem in mind, here we are telling some such tips, by adopting which you can reduce your weight and you will not even need dieting.
12 effective tips to lose weight without dieting:
Drink plenty of water: If you want to lose weight, your first step should be – drink lots of water. Water not only keeps you hydrated, but also increases metabolism. Water helps in flushing out the toxins accumulated in the body and prevents water retention.
Eat less sugar If you can’t give up sugar completely, try reducing it gradually. Sugar is very high in anti-calorie (e.g. calories from sugar, flour, oil and ghee), which slows down the metabolism, which increases the risk of obesity and heart diseases.
Eat less oil Ideally 900 ml a month. Don’t eat too much oil. Keep a close watch on how much oil you consume.
High protein intake: Increase the amount of protein in your diet while losing weight. Consume pulses, eggs, cottage cheese and soy products in the daily diet. Eating protein keeps the stomach full for a long time and does not feel hungry.
Cut the juice and soda: These include added sugars, artificial flavors and colors. They contain anti calories. These juices and sodas damage the metabolism and help in gaining weight.
Walk daily: If you are following a weight loss routine, walk for at least 45 minutes daily. If it is not possible to walk for 45 minutes, then walk for 30 minutes in the morning and evening. Walking helps in increasing metabolism and brings agility in the body. The easy mantra to lose weight is to walk at least 1000 steps after having a meal.
Must have salad in diet: Half an hour before or half an hour after eating, salad in the diet is a bargain for you. The fiber present in it makes up for the lack of fiber and nutrients in your food, as well as satisfies the hunger without losing time.
Take Fiber: Fiber helps in removing cholesterol from the body. Cleans the intestines and by eating it, you do not feel hungry for a long time. If you are following a weight loss diet, then it is very important to consume fiber in the food. Include fruits and vegetables, chia seeds, etc. in your weight loss diet.
Chew and eat: Chew the food 20-30 times while eating. By doing this, the food is easily digested and the amount of calories in it is also reduced. It has been proved by research that people who eat less food tend to gain more weight.
Take Egg Whites: Eating egg whites for breakfast can help in weight loss. According to research published in the International Journal of Obesity, it is easier for people who consume two egg whites in breakfast daily.
Do not watch TV while eating: If you watch TV everyday or talk on the phone while eating, then change this habit. It has been proved in many researches that watching TV while eating does not control the diet, which triples the risk of developing obesity.
If you feel hungry without time, eat fruits: If you feel hungry even after eating during the day, instead of having breakfast here and there, eat fruits. Low-calorie fruits like watermelon, apples, oranges, strawberries, berries can be beneficial for you.
Whether you want to lose weight for a special occasion or just for your own health, there are some great ways to lose weight without dieting. You’ll want to avoid over-eating and drinking too much alcohol, but you’ll also need to take the time to eat healthy and get some exercise. These tips will help you lose weight and keep it off.
Slow down your eating speed
- Whether you’re looking to lose weight or maintain it, you can benefit from slowing down your eating speed. Studies have shown that if you eat too fast, you’re more likely to gain weight than if you eat slower. Eating slowly can also improve your digestion, help you feel full sooner, and reduce stress. The best way to start practicing slow eating is to set aside 20 to 30 minutes at a time for a meal, and to chew each mouthful for at least 20 times. This is a simple trick that can make a big difference if you regularly practice it.
- Studies have also shown that people who eat slowly are less likely to develop obesity. They have a lower body mass index (BMI), a smaller waist circumference, and less of an increase in blood pressure and high cholesterol. Unlike fast eaters, they’re also more likely to have a positive lipid profile and a lower risk of developing metabolic syndrome, which includes high blood sugar, high levels of bad fats, and high cholesterol.
- When you eat quickly, your brain fails to register how much food you’ve consumed. Instead, your body begins to store excess fats and carbohydrates as fat tissue. This means that you’re not processing food as well. It can also lead to GI problems.
- The best way to practice slow eating is to eat with a friend or family member who’s also practicing the technique. This can make it easier to stick with it. It can also help you learn when your body is full. You should also take a sip of water during your meal to make you feel full.
- Practicing slow eating can help you lose weight, improve your digestion, and reduce stress. But you can’t expect it to work right away. It takes time to become accustomed to eating slower. And it may even be difficult for you to maintain this habit. It’s best to start slow and work your way up. However, when you do start, you’ll find it to be an enjoyable and easy habit.
Eat at home
Whether you are on a diet or not, cooking your own meals can be an effective way to lose weight. Not only can you control how much you eat, but you can also keep track of calories.
The food you prepare at home is usually lower in fat and calories than the same meal you order at a restaurant. In fact, a 2014 study found that people who cook their own meals consume 200 fewer calories than those who eat out. This may seem like a daunting task, but if you are willing to put in the time, you can reap the benefits.
Another reason to cook at home is that it can be more cost-effective. If you plan your meals for the week, you can avoid impulse buying and overspending. It is also possible to get creative at home. For example, if you have some leftover meat, you can make a delicious dish out of it.
One of the benefits of cooking at home is that you can swap ingredients to suit your nutritional goals. For instance, you can use oil sparingly. This is a good idea because it contains good fats, such as omega-3 fatty acids.
The best way to get started is to prepare a few healthy meals each week. Ideally, you should prepare three dinners and two breakfasts. This will help you get into the habit of eating healthy. If you’re not ready for that commitment, start with a couple of lunches each week. This will give you the chance to practice your cooking skills and also get used to preparing healthy food.