Analysis of the composition of energy drinks.
L-carnitine, taurine, and caffeine make the drink invigorating, while its energy value is only 10 kcal per 500 ml. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients:
1. L-carnitine – a drug that contains the active substance – levocarnitine. Levocarnitine transports free fatty acids into the mitochondria through membranes for their subsequent processing into energy.
L-carnitine is independently synthesized in the human liver and ingested with certain foods, such as redfish, meat, dairy products, and avocados.
Decreased carnitine levels occur in older people, vegetarians, athletes, and people taking anticonvulsants.
The deficiency can be filled if you take L-carnitine in supplements, where it is in a concentrated form. But it is worth paying attention that the supplement’s effectiveness will only be in combination with a balanced diet and training.
- increases activity during high-intensity physical activity;
- has a protective effect against muscle disorders after strenuous exercise;
- improves the action of the protein necessary for muscle recovery after exercise;
Promotes muscle recovery.
2. Taurine is an antioxidant that speeds up the metabolism in the body. It is abundant in poultry, beef, pork, seafood, and processed meats.
In cases of taurine deficiency, the c4 pre workout supplement may have a therapeutic effect.
3. Caffeine stimulates the nervous system, enhances conditioned reflexes and increases physical activity. Under the influence of caffeine, performance increases.
4. Magnesium ensures the normal functioning of the nervous and muscular systems. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system and prevents the emergence of viruses and bacteria. Vitamin H is necessary for athletes for metabolism and energy control.
5. Sucralose acts as a sweetener. Zero glycemic, no calories, approved worldwide for use in food and beverages.
A drink is fine if you want:
- Increase efficiency and stress resistance;
- Increase endurance during intense training;
- Provide muscles with energy;
- Increase muscle mass by processing lipids;
- Reduce weight by participating in fat metabolism.
See all the flavours of the drink here.